CROSSLY SLIDER ROLLERS AND WEATHERSTRIPPING

A home owner from LAKEWOOD, CO says:
HI,
My Crossly slider is of 1978 vintage. It needs rollers and w-stripping, felt, etc. The frame and door are adequate and attractive despite the lack of argon between panes My questions:

1. Would the model name or number be helpful in selecting the correct rollers? If so, where would that appear on the door.

2. is there another reliable way of buying the right roller without removing it from the door. It's cold here too so it would be best to have replacement parts in hand before starting.

3. Any guidance or suggestions?

Regards, Denny
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Denny. Crossly has actually been out of business for a long time, so finding replacements for their hardware can be a bit tricky. I do remember that their roller may have been our 81-001, and the weatherstripping may have been our 58-004. That said, without seeing pictures of your rollers and weatherstripping, I can't say with any certainty.

Pictures and exact dimensions are really the best way for us to identify what you have, especially for companies that are out of business. At the very least, you can send some pictures of the door lock. That may help us determine what door you have, but it could be a long shot.
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.