Cabinet rollers

A home owner from Elk Grove Vlg, IL says:
I'm hoping you can take a moment to help me out. I'm desperate to find the roller parts for a 40 year old, Geneva Kitchens (now out of business) cabinet. The cabinet has two sliding glass door with metal frames that both slide left or right on a track at the top of the doors. The rollers are the standard plastic material that after 40 years has fallen apart. The actual roller pieces are 1/4" offset with an 11/16" roller. The only information I can get from the part itself is that the wheel itself is stamped with the following:

2550 Sterling

It seems this part hasn't been made for many years and I was hoping that you might have access to some and/or know where I might turn to find the part. I only need one piece but would take more as backups if you had them. I'd really appreciate any kind of response from you, please. Thanks, Glenn
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0472B6A4-CAD6-4227-AB9C-5F40A8801DE3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 73F53097-08A8-4018-BBEE-BF5665E29076.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D768FCE7-038A-4578-BD66-FB74A3686D9A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A545F78F-F80D-4233-ADA2-C884AFB258C3.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting, Glenn. This is a bit strange, but your rollers actually look like they are for closet doors; we have never seen them used for drawers before! In any event, I want you to look at our 23-009 to start. Though it looks a bit different, see if it has the same dimensions as your old parts, particularly the offset and diameter. Let us know if you think this could work for you.

A home owner from Elk Grove Vlg, IL says:

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply! They aren't for drawers. They are for a large cabinet that we use as a surgery supply storage cabinet. The unit stands about 7 feet tall by 3 1/2 feet wide or so, and has two vertical sliding doors that are made of glass with metal frames all around. These door both slide either left or right on a track which sits below the doors and the rollers pictured are at the tops of the doors running along a second set of tracks. 

 item 23-009 might work but the dimensions are too tall and too wide. Something exactly like this item but 30-40% smaller would be ideal. Do you have anything like that? 

Again, thanks so much for helping when no other company or place would!!! Glenn

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Ahh, I see. That makes more sense now. I'm afraid we couldn't find anything smaller, though in my experience the overall height and width don't matter too much. Then again these are meant to install on closet doors so there's plenty of room to accommodate whatever size. If you want, you can see our entire selection here. You may be able to find something that can accommodate your unique project.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)