Caldwell balances

A quick learner from Tacoma Washington says:

Need to replace balances broke one, the number on the back is 25 3 DN Caldwell. I also have a window that?s missing them entirely the window measurements are 29 width and 15 length

sash measurements are 29 width and length is15 what size balances will I need for this window

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

The balance you show resembles our S385-26. Your old stamp of 25 3 should match our more modern 2530. 

To determine the balance for 29" wide by 15" high sash, I need you to give me the height and weight of the sash on the other window, the one supported by the S385-26. That will allow me to to compare the ratio between the two windows and estimate the size and strength you need for the other balance. I'll also need the exact weight for the 15" high sash.

The sash weighs 9lb
Profile picture of Paul

Thanks for getting us the sash weight for the smaller window. Were you also able to get me the height and weight of the window supported by the 25 3 balance?

The weigh was 13lb the height is 29-1/2"

Profile picture of Paul

Thank you! So, if your S385-26 was installed on a 29-1/2" high sash, then for a 15" high sash you want to take 3" off. I recommend our S385-12 with an 1130 stamp. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.