Can I mount the 70-204 Latch vertically?

A home owner from NH says:
I need a side-mounted (vertical)screen pull to replace the plastic pull tabs that came with the Harvey windows.
Can I mount your 70-204 vertically? I presume that pressure will keep it in place, right?
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
The 70-204 could slide down. You could pop-rivet it on or possibly squeeze the base so it fits tight onto the screen frame. It would be preferable to have you install one of the types that you screen into the frame; take a look at our 70-004 Metal Pull Ring and go from there. However, keep in mind that with those types you will have to pull out some of the retaining screen spline and screen material in order to install it.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at