Can I replace these with the fold ins?

A home owner from Chicago says:
Most of these on our current windows do not work very well. Can I replace them with the truth folding crank handel?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210226_124053.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

If you just wanted a fold-down type handle, then our 39-205 should work perfectly well for your operator. Look it over and let me know what you think.

Great!
So I do not need to get the kit 39-107FK, just the handle itself will be able to fold with my existing hardware.
Profile picture of Tom

The 39-205 will be fully compatible with the cover you have now. The 39-107FK will also work, if you were more interested in the nesting style. It's ultimately up to you since both are compatible.

Is it possible to get the specs for 39-107FK? It looks shorter than the current cover and I'm afriad it might not cover the opening completely.
Profile picture of Tom

I don't have the specs for the 39-107FK at the moment, but I can send someone in to the warehouse today to measure it for you, if you'd like. However I don't think that will be necessary; your old cover is an exact match for our 39-107, and the 39-107FK and 39-107 are specifically designed to be interchangeable. I'm highly confident that it will work for you.

Thanks, Tom.
I realized that our top awning window seems to have a different cover. Please see photo. Will the parts work for those as well?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210303_084917.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

They will not, unfortunately. This kind of operator doesn't have a removable cover at all, it's instead built into the mechanism itself. It's all one piece. I'm afraid you're stuck with this style for that particular operator.

Will the 39-205 handles work for those?
Profile picture of Tom

Yes! Even though the design of the base is different, all Truth operators use the same sized spline across all styles, which is 11/32". That means the 39-205 will work perfectly well for this window as it will for the other window. That's one of the handy things about Truth parts.

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.