Can This Become a Keyed Lock Without Replacing Parts?

A handy person from Lincoln, NE says:
Good morning. I am wondering if we are able to install a keyed lock cylinder into this current setup instead of replacing the handle itself? I have the outside and inside handle. My customer did not supply the locking bolt/hook itself. Will an 82-310 lock cylinder fit in this current setup or would we need to order an 82-306 to replace the outside handle? The outside handle seems similiar to an 82-306 but with different dimensions and screw holes.

I also have more pictures and measurements if that is helpful.

Thanks,

Nate
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200212_144047.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200212_144052.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200212_144120.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200212_160228.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200212_160245.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Nate. I feel pretty confident saying that the 82-310 should work in your existing outside handle. You can always look over our dimensions just to be 100% sure. If you have any doubts, then the 82-306 keyed outer pull should also work. That's a good emergency backup option if you aren't confident in the 82-310's size.

Alternate view of 82-310
Alternate view of 82-310
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.