Can the 23-003 handle the weight of an extra heavy door?

A quick learner from US says:
Hi
I recently purchased the 23-003 bypass closet door roller to replace a Grant Rocket 1013 roller, circa 1959. The hardware worked fine on the 1 3/8 inch hollow core doors. However, I discovered one of my doors is so warped that it jams when it bypasses the other door. I would like to replace the sliding doors with solid core slab doors. I was wondering if the 23-003 bypass roller can handle the extra weight of a solid door?

One other question, do you sell the mortising tool (if one is needed) to install the pulls in the slab door? Would a 3/4 inch flat bottom drill bit work?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Ah, unfortunately I don't think the 23-003 is what you want. This is designed for hollow core doors, not solid. 

I would recommend a new track kit for your heavy doors. Perhaps something like our 23-500, which has a capacity for doors weighing 60 pounds. If your doors are heavier than even that, check the company who supplied them. You may need something special for it. 

We don't carry mortising tool bits, but a flat 3/4" bit should work for the recess pull.

A quick learner says:
Unfortunately, my jamb is metal and the track is integral with the jamb (probably spot welded in place). Has anyone had success in removing the track and replacing?

If all else fails, I'll just purchase hollow replacement doors.

Thanks
Bobby
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

The the old track is spot welded in place, then it's probably more trouble than it's worth trying to replace it. It may be possible, but with all the time and effort you'd have to put into it I don't think you'd come out on top by the time you're done. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.