Can the key cylinder in 82-055K be swapped for a Schlage cylinder

A professional from USA says:
Can you tell me if the key cylinder in your Keyed Handle Set, Acorn Product Code: 82-055K could be removed and replaced with a Schlage cylinder?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The 82-310 is what comes with the 82-055K, and is for a Kwik-set key way, "KW 1". You would need to check with a lock smith in your area to see if they can supply a key cylinder like the 82-310, but with a Schlage key way. If a lock smith can supply the correct key cylinder then you will need to order the 82-055 handle and have the locksmith prep the out side handle for the key.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)