Cannot close the window, maybe wrong option?

A home owner from Charlotte, NC says:
My window is 8 lbs, but I ordered 770 28D (was thinking stronger might be better). Installation was easy, but then I cannot close the window. The window just bounce back when I push it down. Is it because balance is too strong? should I have ordered 28B? or there might be other issue? (The window worked well before with the old balance).
Another question, I have another window which is 17.5 lbs, should I order 28B or 28C? Thanks.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for choosing SWISCO.com. Does your old balance have any stamps or engravings on it? A 28D supports a 23-28 pound sash. If your sash is only 8 pounds, a 28B may also be too strong. Can you confirm the sash weight?
A home owner says:
Many thanks for prompt reply.

The old balance has "2800 BSI LC" on it. The sash (that I installed the new balance and kept open) weighs 8 lbs.

I have another window that the sash weights 16 lbs, and also has "2800 BSI LC" on it. I haven't ordered the balance for this one yet. Which option should I choose?

If the balance is too strong for the sash weight, will it cause it open?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sorry for the wait, this took some research. We will be able to replace these balances for you, but it will need to be custom ordered since your sash is so light. I will email you a special custom balance order link and price quote for two of these immediately.

As for the 16 pound sash, we recommend our 28B option.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.