Cannot get this door handle back together

A quick learner from Guelph, Ontario says:
Hi, we had to remove our sliding door handle to fit a couch through the door, but can't for the life of us get it back together with the locking mechanism working. Photos of how it looks right now, after quite a lot of fiddling. Exterior part says CD440K, metal disk with hole in the middle says CD454. Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210207_225831.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210207_225814.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210207_225743.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi there. This looks like our 82-036 to me, with that double hook surface mounted latch within the inside handle. Just make sure the hole spacing, or the distance between the center of each mounting hole, is 6-9/16". 

Since this is a surface-mounted handle set, reinstalling it should honestly just be a matter of holding both handles in place while you remount the screws. I suppose if it were installed too tightly, the locking mechanism might not throw correctly, but other than that my only other conclusion would be the handle set is damaged. If so, the 82-036 would be your best bet for a replacement, so long as the hole spacing and specifications we list match. Let me know if you have further questions. 

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.