Can't fit operator through opening in window

A home owner from Portsmouth, OH says:
I received my 39-002, window crank today. However, the arm does not fit through the hole in my window frame. On the arm, there is a "knob" at the far end that I know is supposed to be there (to attach the arm to the bottom of the window itself), but underneath that is a screw end (?) or something that sticks out just enough to prevent me from pushing the arm through the hole. Do you have another model of window crank that is identical to this one except that it has an arm that is totally flat on the bottom? I would like to exchange the one I received, if possible.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we do not have an identical operator to the 39-002 with a shallower rivet. I would suggest using a file on the bottom of the rivet on the end of the arm. I know it is a close fit going into the window cut out, but with a little filing it should fit.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.