Capitol Window coil balance and support

A quick learner from Milton, VT says:
I
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It appears your inquiry was cut off from the beginning, but we believe we know what you are looking to replace. Take a look at the following parts that should be able to be used as substitutes for what you have right now: our 15-180 coil balance shoe, 15-181 double support detent clip, and 15-182 balance bushing. Take a look at each part to see if you agree with our suggestions. These parts go with our Series 190 coil spring. You will need the stamped on your spring when ordering your coil. We placed some media guides on this page to offer some extra help if you wish to look them over.
A quick learner from Milton, VT says:
Thanks Paul,
Sorry that my text didn't accompany the photos in my 1st email.
The parts that you noted look to be compatible.

The window is a 2001 Capitol window double hung, the right side coil spring broke on the upper pane.

Where would the stamped weight be on the coil spring?
I don't see it on the spring that's on the support detent clip.

Thanks,
Leon
Profile picture of Paul
The stamp should be near the end of the "tongue." If you don't see any, please weigh the sash and tell me how heavy it is. For coil springs, we would divide that among how many springs are on your window (in this case, 4) and choose the stamp appropriately.
A handy person from Milton, VT says:
Thanks Paul,
Nothing stamped on the tongue of the coil spring but the sash weighs about 13 lbs.

I have another problem.

When I removed the sash to get the coil spring out I found that the 2 metal posts that stick out of the bottom of each side of the sash that engage the coil spring shoe are both broken, sheared where their retaining screw holds them in the sash.
See the attached pictures.
The pieces are 3 1/8" long (total length when I put them back together).
Do you carry a replacement part for them as well?

Thanks,
Leon
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Great, thanks for the info. Based on your 13 pound sash, I would use one S190-740 on each side. That should be sufficient. I'm not sure why you originally had two springs on each side for a sash that's only 13 pounds, seems like overkill.

As for the pivot bar, please compare yours to our 26-226.
A handy person from Milton, VT says:
Thanks Paul, that will do the trick.
I placed my order (# 1023648), enough for 2 sashes, keep 1 set as spares, and will let you know how it turns out.
Thanks for all of your help, its been a learning experience!
I hope that you made it through the Nor'easter safely

Thanks,
Leon
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.