Caradco 4101341 door lock

A home owner from West Virginia says:
Looking for replacement door lock for Caradco 4101341 Patio Door. needing to rekey this door and wasn't given the original key.
User submitted image of their door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we do not carry the Caradco handle set you need. I'm actually not sure if it's even available anymore, since Caradco is no longer in business. If you need to just replace the key cylinder take a look at 82-310. Your key cylinder looks similar.
A home owner from West Virginia says:
Yes the key cylinder is that part I need.
Where can I get a Spindle Bar for the above door mentioned (Caradco 4101341). And does it come out without taking the lock apart?

Thank you.

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure if that older spindle is something you can still get. We have the 40-187L, but yours looks like it might be bigger. This is .169" square. As for taking the lock apart, it very well may be necessary, yes.
A home owner from Massachusetts says:
I have a similar lock problem. The square shaft between the handles is broken and I can't figure out how to remove the other half of the rod so that I can remove the lockset for replacing. Any ideas?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 81805390_881438615608106_1163144119476813824_n.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm not sure what might be preventing you from removing the other half of the rod. It's weird that one half would come out but the other wouldn't. One explanation is that it's still attached to the other handle, but even then it should still be removable from the other side. 

Can you go into more detail on exactly how this broke and exactly what happens when you try to remove the other half of the rod? Is it firmly clamped in place or does it feel caught up on something?

How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.