Caradco casement window operator

A contractor from Pickerington, oh says:
I have a. customer that has a Caradco casement window operator that is missing some parts. As far as I a tell the only part that I need is a 39-510 bracket. But from the attached photo the is an additional bracket with a post mounted to the sill that does not have a rod attached to it. It looks like the operator assy is original to the home. Do you have any idea what this bracket is for and what it attaches to?

Thanks
Bob the Handyman
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Bob! Yes, that bracket should actually attach right to the casement window, which would then attach to the short hinged arm of your operator. Take a look at the video below to see what I mean.

The bracket on your sill in that picture looks like it's just laying where it landed, maybe after falling off the casement window.
A contractor from Pickerington, Oh says:
Well DUH!!! Thank you for pointing out the obvious to me. I should have noticed that the bracket was not even screwed into the window sill and was actually the missing bracket.
Thanks again
Bob The Handyman
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Haha no problem, Bob! Happens all the time. Let me know if you have any other questions, and I'd be happy to help.
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.