Carefree Window Spiral Balance

A handy person from Sellersburg In says:
I have 7 windows that have black tips on the spiral balances and are 30" in length and 3/8" in dia. I have 2 windows that have white tips, 30" in length 3/8 in dia and 1 window with white tip 13" in length and 3/8" dia.

I see the black and white tip in the ID section but I don't see the black and white tip in the ordering section.

Carl
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Can you confirm the diameter of the outer tube and the color of the tip? They do not make black tips for 3/8" diameter balances.
A quick learner from Sellersburg In says:
I hope you get the image, it shows a black tip and as far as I can tell it is a 3/8diameter balance
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Your photo shows the diameter leans more toward 1/2", which leads me to go with the Series 600 tilt balance. The S600-30 has a tube diameter of 9/16" (or 5/8"). I would triple check just to be sure. What's more is that it actually comes with a black tip color option for sashes weighing 31 through 40 pounds. For the white tip balances, I would weigh the sash and refer to the chart shown on each Series 600 store page to confirm the best option. Older white tips like yours used a different rating system than newer balances, so weighing your sash is the best way to confirm the best modern option.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.