Carefree vinyl window 's pivot bar

A quick learner from Lisle, IL says:

My townhouse built in 1996.

There are 13 Carefree vinyl windows with single huge, size 36"x60". Shoe thickness is 3/8". The balance bar is 3/8" x29". Each sash weight is 18Lb

My problem is 6 Pivot bars are missed and only left holes in frame. Two contractors said they cannot repair them.

I try to fix them and ordered parts from SWISCO, then find the parts no matching each other, and need your help.

Which Pivot bars can be used in my case? Thanks. Su

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Many thanks for writing in to us. Carefree used two types of pivot bars, but both have been discontinued. That said, you should be able to use either our 26-424 or 26-297 in its place. To confirm what you need, let us see your pivot shoe. We can identify the right choice from there. Many thanks.

Dear Paul: Thanks.
The pivot shoes of my old window, thick 3/8", wide ¼", and high 3/16". I ordered two 26-297 to try it.
If using bar 26-424 which shoe can be used for it?
R.S. Cheng
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0451.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0444.jpg
Profile picture of Paul

Thanks for getting back to us! So, your old shoe looks like our 15-045, which is compatible with the 26-297. I think that was the right place to start, but I can see why you might hesitate. Your old pivot bar appears to be in a kind of nylon case.

You might want to consider our 26-379. This looks like it's a big closer to your original and it is also compatible with the 15-045, which is the shoe I think you have. Give it a look and let me know what you think.

I don't think the 26-424 can work. This only works with a specific kind of shoe that isn't compatible with your balance.

Dear Paul:
I have 26-379 and would like to widen and expand the slot on frame, then slide 26-379 in, but I found 15-045 or old shoe wide ¼", thick 3/8", but 26-379 wide 5/16", thick 5/8".26-379 is too big. Thanks.R.S.C.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0461.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0465.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0411.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0444.jpg
Profile picture of Paul

Aha, I think we're finally getting somewhere. If the 26-379 fits in your sash, then I think all we need to do is get you a new pivot shoe that will fit is. Consider our 15-212. This is the same size as the 15-045, but it has a larger cam to fit the 26-379. Let me know what you think.

Great! 15-212 cam will fit 26-379. But 26-376 thick 5/8", little bigger then 15-212 , so I ordered two of 15-212 to try it. I will take photos to report to you. thank you very much. R.S.C
Profile picture of Paul

Awesome, sounds good to me. Please let us know how it works and, of course, thank you so much for your business.

HI! I try to fixed it. Please see the photo. Using # 6x3/4 sheet metal screw to fasten pivot bar on the bottom of lower sash. Su
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0488.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us! Looks good to me. How has it been working out so far?

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.