Carrier for Series 600 Spiral Tilt Window Balance

A home owner from Richmond says:
Greetings. We ordered several Series 600 Spiral Tilt Window Balance parts for defective windows. We found out that the windows need new "carriers for the springs to anchor into," according to our contractor. Can you please help me find the carriers he needs?

Scott
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hi, Scott. You need pivot shoes, from what it sounds like. To start, I need to see what you originally had in the windows. Also, I need the dimensions of the pivot shoe: width and thickness. If you show me the shoe (via photos) and include dimensions, I can make an identification.
A quick learner from Richmond says:
Hi, Paul. Thanks for the reply. My contractor asked me to ask you if you can suggest exactly where on the shoe to measure. When I look at photos of them, I often see curved ends so that the length in the middle is different than the length on the sides. Likewise, many have varying thickness from one end to the other.
Profile picture of Paul
I'm not really sure what you mean. You want the overall width and overall thickness. Could you show me pictures of the pivot shoe out of the window? If I can see it, I can tell you the most important aspects to measure.
A quick learner from Richmond says:
Paul, I have attached a PDF file that the contractor sent me. I realize it's a bit fuzzy. Is it good enough?

Scott
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
In terms of style, it's definitely similar to our 15-178, 1" wide. I'm afraid we don't have anything with this style in that size. Are you sure it is 1" wide and not 1-1/4"? I would triple check just to be 100% sure. It's better to remove it from the window before you measure it so that it's as accurate as possible.
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.