Casement Handle Replacement

A home owner from Illinois says:

I'm looking for a replacement for the attached pictured casement handle with a metal handle. I think the 38-138 is pretty close, but would like your opinion. I'm not sure of the brand of the window.

User submitted photos of a window lock.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The 38-138 looks similar, but your "fork" seems a lot longer. You might be better off with our 38-139. Carefully compare all the dimensions we show to your own hardware and see what you think.
A home owner from Illinois says:
Thanks Tom,

A few follow-up questions:
1. The pictures on your website of the 38-139 don't say how long the handle is. The width matches, but how long is the handle part that fits into the window ?
2. Does the handle come with a plate a screws to attach it to the window ?
3. The fork appears to be plastic, but is the handle itself metal ?

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Check out the image below for detailed dimensions for our 38-139, including the length of the handle.
Alternate view of 38-139

The 38-139 does not come with screws, but you can reuse your old ones. If yo do not have them handy, you should be able to match them up at a local hardware store.

Both the fork and handle of the 38-139 are metal.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)