Casement Operator identification

A quick learner from New Jersey says:

Hello

I have an Operator that is window mount (5" between mounting holes)

It has a short arm (3") and a long arm (5.5") 

The long arm clips to the window - am unsure how to unclip it to take pics of it removed. Appreciate your help!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0062 copy.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0063 copy.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0064 copy.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0067 copy.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0065 copy.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

This looks like the 39-187 and 39-188 Split-Arm Operators, but unfortunately these operators have link arms that are 5" in length, not 5-1/2". We don't carry versions of these operators with that link arm length, but you have a few options. First, you could try installing the new operators and seeing if they work anyways. If they don't, you can try re-positioning the stud bracket the link arm connects to and see if that makes up the difference. If all else fails, you can try swapping the old and new link arms. If you're up to the task, drill the link arms out, then use a 62-014 Rivet to connect the old link arm to the new operator. 

That is what I thought, but appreciate you confirming, thank you!

Ordered!
Yep, the link arm needs to be the exact right length. Moving the stud bracket didn't work.

I've drilled out the old and new rivets and am ready to order the rivet.

Can I use a hammer to press in the rivet or do I need a press?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for confirming that adjusting the bracket doesn't work. I'll make sure to log that away for future reference.

To use the 62-014 rivet, you just need a hammer and a metal plate. You're just looking to have the skinny end of it mushroom out.

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.