Casement Window HArdware

A home owner from Queens NY says:
I have 2 of my casement window cranks that are not working properly. they open the windows but do not close them correctly. The crank spins mostly and will only bring it in a little and that's it. The first appears to have a tag that reads TRUTH.

I looked at what you have and I didn't find an exact match

Please advise
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220612_164511.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220612_164538.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220612_164532.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220612_171010.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

This reminds me of our 39-171 and 39-172 operators but I'm afraid these have a 5" long link arm, whereas yours are 4-1/2". With that said, you'll have to re-use your old link arms. This can be done by drilling out the new and old arms, then installing the old arm on the new operator using our 62-014 rivet. To install this rivet, you'll have to hammer it in; I recommend doing it over a metal plate, if you have one. If you're not comfortable with this, I recommend contacting a local professional for assistance. 

A quick learner from NEW YORK says:
how is the rivet between the new operator and old arm secured? is there a tool? can you direct me to a tutorial?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We don't have a tutorial, but it is fairly straightforward. What you want to do is place the "elbow" of the two arms over a metal plate. Put the 62-014 rivet in place so that it comfortably nests in the hole, then hammer it over the metal plate. The skinny end of the rivet should "mushroom" out, which will hold it in place.

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.