Casement Window Hand Cranks

A quick learner from La Grange, IL says:

I need to replace the hand cranks for my casement windows because they are stripped and no longer open the windows.

Mike

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7161.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7162.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7163.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Mike. Confirm that the size of the spline on your operator is 11/32". If so, see our 39-114 or 39-205. If the spline size is a different diameter, let us know.

A quick learner from La Grange, IL says:
By "spline" I presume you mean the width of the nub that the crank would be fastened to.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Correct. Let us know if it differs from that 11/32" we mentioned.

A quick learner from thornhill.ont says:
i need tiny gears for my crank handle of my casement window i have looked eerywere and cant find parts.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid I can't make a recommendation based on this information alone. In order to help, we will need photos of the operator mechanism itself, removed from the window and shown without obstruction.

Please note that if your gears are stripped then they cannot be replaced. You need an all new operator.

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.