Casement Window Lock Replacement

A quick learner from Toronto, ON says:
Ordered the 38-138 however the design is slightly different therefore does not really fit.

please see the attached picture. Let me know if you have another version that could be closer from my existing one (the one at the bottom is the one I am trying to replace)
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named mtaf0hBAnor_K-_DAB5WORP7hhu0pl8mAQ.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I agree, the fork on your old lock appears to be a different size entirely. I don't know what its exact size is, though, so I don't know what to recommend. I made a list for you on this page of a few different replacement locks. You will need to carefully compare your measurements to ours to confirm the best match.

A home owner from Toronto, ON says:
Hi,

thank you so much for the help.
I took additional photos of my existing one as based on the photos you provided it was difficult to say which one would be a perfect match.
i believe 38-095 would be the closest but if you don't mind checking the measurements of my existing one (see photos) that would be nice.
tks

Profile picture of Tom

I'm afraid I can't tell for sure based on your ruler. These dimensions get very specific. It looks like the fork projection is 1-1/2", which matches our 38-139. You might want to get a more accurate measuring tool to confirm.

A home owner from Toronto, ON says:

hi,

i would like to give a try to the 38-139 as you suggested.

Can you please send me the procedure for me to return the one i ordered in exchange of this one 38-139. Please also include 2 screws.

Thank you.

David

Profile picture of Tom

We do not have exchanges, but rather, returns followed by new orders. I will send some return instructions in a separate email, and you'll need to place your new order through our site.

We list the 33-096 as a good match for the screws, and you should see if you need the 38-158 mounting plate, too.

How to Replace a Multi-Point Lock on a Casement Window [1080p]
How to Replace a Multi-Point Lock on a Casement Window [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.