Casement Window complete

A quick learner from DeKalb, IL says:
We recently bought a house that has casement windows in it. Two of the windows have operators that are broken. I need to communicate with someone who can help me identify the item so that I can order it. The home improvement stores in this area do not stock the item that I need so I am reaching out to you for help. Thanks. skj
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200924_154911.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This operator looks like a match for either our 39-083 or 39-140, depending on the size you need. The measurement we use to differentiate between them is the "elbow" to "elbow" measurement, assuming the arms are folded up in the close position. You'll need to measure yours that way to confirm which of our two parts will be better suited for your window.

I sent a photo showing the measure of the device as you suggested but have heard no further from your company. Status of my request please.
Profile picture of Tom

I'm afraid I haven't received another message from you. Were you able to measure that elbow-to-elbow measurement? Was it 16" or 21-1/2", or something else?

If it's 16", you can use our 39-140. If it's 21-1/2", you can use our 39-083. If it's something else, please tell me and I can try to find something better.

It is 21 1/2 so would be the 39-083, right? If so I need to know the part number of the bracket which attaches to the window as it appears there are two possibilities. Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom

There are two possibilities, yes. You need to use the old bracket as a reference to know which one to pick. There's no way to know otherwise.

So both brackets shown for the bracket I need both fit this new bracket?
Profile picture of Tom

Both brackets shown are compatible with the 39-083, yes. However that doesn't mean that either one will work. You either need one or the other, but without the original I can't really say.

I think with your help I have it covered and thanks for all your help.
How to Replace an Awning Operator
How to Replace an Awning Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.