Casement Window handles

A professional from Cleveland, OH says:
I need three handles. On the hardware that opens the window sash, I found the Well bilt stamp. So that is part of Andersen, if I am correct. Can you get replacements?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1963.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1964.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1965.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

These are very old parts, but we may still be able to get you something. Before I suggest anything, though, can you just tell me the diameter of the hole? Please be as precise as possible.

Once I have that measurement I will do my best to find you a match in our catalog.

5/16" is the diameter of the hole on the handle.
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! We do sell the 39-274, which has a 5/16" spline. However its design is a little different and I cannot be sure it'll work.

You did mention that this window is old Andersen. I wonder if the spline could be 3/8" instead? This is a common size for them. If so you could consider the 39-286, which looks a little closer.

No, my son is actually the installer. His boss thought the windows were Pella, so I got some 3/8" and they were too big. I then looked around and found the "Bilt Rite" stamp on the opening mechanism, which was then bought out by Andersen and put into one of their subsidiaries.

The paint may match better on the 3/8", but the 5/16" casting looks like a better match.

Can you get the 5/16" handle in stone?
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for confirming, that definitely makes more sense now. Unfortunately, the 39-274 is not made in alternate finishes. It can be painted but that's obviously not ideal and may not look that good. I am very sorry for the inconvenience. 

How to install a wood casement window crank
How to install a wood casement window crank
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.