Casement foldable window crank

A home owner from Port Jefferson, NY says:
This is from an Alpha window and the company is no longer in business. The crank folds down flat when nor being used to open the window. Do you have anything to replace it with?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210312_105709.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210312_105640.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The brand of your window may be Alpha, but the brand of your operator is Roto. This is an old Roto casement window operator and the hardware for it has been discontinued for many years now. We may be able to get you something that can work in place of the handle, though. 

Before we go any further, can you remove the broken base of the handle that remains on the operator and then show me a picture of the operator stem? That will allow me to confirm the best possible match.

Let me know if these are adequate.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210315_131131.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210315_131511.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

That's more than adequate, thank you so much. So, that looks like a hex spline and it probably measures 5/16". You may want to measure it to be 100% sure. If I'm right, then you can use our 39-224 as a replacement for your old handle. Just note that ours is a newer style and won't look exactly the same as the original.

Thank you so much Tom.
Yes, it measures 5/16" so it should fit. I see the description says "fold down", but just to confirm as the 39-244 part pictures don't show it, the handle folds flat and the pull up to operate, correct?
Bob
Profile picture of Tom

Yep, that's 100% correct. I'm happy to answer any other questions you may have.

That is terrific and I will be ordering a pair as we have two windows next to each other. I presume it's easy enough to install them.
Profile picture of Tom

I'd say so, yes. These have a little set screw at the base you can turn to tighten the handle in place, or loosen it up if you want to remove it for whatever reason.

That seems easy enough. I've ordered two.

Thanks again Tom for all your help. I really thought I was going to have a problem finding replacements and your system for matching parts via the photo uploads made it very easy. And your very prompt responses to my questions was much appreciated.

Bob 

Profile picture of Tom

I'm happy to help, Bob. If you ever need anything else, you know where to find me.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.