Casement latch replacement

A home owner from N. San Juan, CA 95960 says:
Thank you for this service, I really appreciate it. I am sending you pictures of the broken latch, the hole it came from, and a latch in place on a similar window. The windows were made by Mercer, an Oregon manufacturer now out of business. There are no markings of any sort on the latch. It is made of cast aluminum (I think) with a vinyl cover. The length of the body is 4 5/8 inches, the width is 3/4 inch without the handle and 1 inch including it. The center-to-center distance between the screw holes is (the best I can measure) 3 13/16 inches. The fork is 1 inch wide at its tip, widening to about 1 3/32 inches at the latch body. It protrudes 1 3/8 inches from the body. Thanks again. If I've missed anything you need, please let me know.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCN0755 (1024x768).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCN0758 (1024x768).jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We don't seem to have anything that matches your dimensions exactly. Our 38-095 is the closest we have since the  hole spacing is the same, but the fork protrudes 1-5/8" from the upper lip. The fact we measure from the upper lip, not the bottom edge of the housing, may be the deciding factor. Please double check your measurement compared to the diagram below and let us know if you think that this lock will work for you. 

Alternate view of 38-095
Alternate view of 38-095
How to Replace a Multi-Point Lock on a Casement Window [1080p]
How to Replace a Multi-Point Lock on a Casement Window [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.