Casement window

A quick learner from 96708 says:
The window is 23" wide by 34-3/4" high, right-hand swing. Need the top and bottom hinges and the "keepers." Photos attached. The fixed arm is about 5.5" long. The pivot arms are about 5" and 3.5" long, attached to a 5" long sliding plate on the 10" long plate mounted to the window frame. Note: Tim was the first person to respond to my inquiry. I live in Hawaii so I would prefer the stainless steel options. Thanks.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Take a look and compare the specifications of the 36-004-10 stainless steel hinge to your assembly. 

As for your keepers, it would help to see the lock that it works with and how they engage with each other. Thank you!

The hinges appear to be for a two-window casement window. I have only one window. I would need the top and bottom hinges. So two RH hinges. The operator is close but not quite. I will check your website for other options if you cannot find any better choices. Attached is the photo of the window lock handle and outside bar. The 038-96 handle seems to match the existing locking handle.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220822_091611[1].jpg
Profile picture of Casey

The 36-004-10 hinge set that we recommend comes with a top and a bottom hinge to repair one sash. These are not handed, so they can be used for sashes that open to the left or right. 

As for your operator, we'd be happy to look into other replacement options but we would need to see photos of the base, as well as the end of the arm detached from the sash bracket to confirm how it installs. 

I also agree that as long as the dimensions shown on the 38-096 product page match up to yours, this should be a suitable replacement but the keeper shown in your original photos wouldn't normally work with this type of locking system. 

I can tell you that our closest replacement options would be something like the Roto 38-287 and 38-288 or Truth 38-289 and 38-290 keepers. Take a look and see if the specifications of one of these parts could work for your application. 

Attached are the operator photos. One is the top view with the inside handle cover removed. The other photo is from the outside looking towards the operator.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220825_101222[1].jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220825_101312[1].jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Based on your photos, the 39-221B appears to be a promising replacement. Could you elaborate on exactly which differences you're concerned about? Thank you. 

I checked the photo with the one I have, and they are very close. I presume my handle will still fit on the new one. Thanks to the operator installation video, I also discovered I would need the snap-stud bracket and probably a new operator gasket. I will be ordering soon. Thanks for the help. Also, any suggestions to rust-proof the non-stainless steel components? As you can see, the rust you see is only after nine years. Whatever was used before does not stand up to the weather here.
Profile picture of Casey

The 39-221B operator does come with a corrosion-resistant powder coating on the arms. With that being said, unfortunately, this is not available in a stainless steel finish so you may still experience rust buildup over time in a tropical climate. We have not found any other alternative ways to prevent rusting hardware under these conditions. 

How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install an Encore dyad operator
How to install an Encore dyad operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Multi-Point Lock on a Casement Window [1080p]
How to Replace a Multi-Point Lock on a Casement Window [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.