Casement window above sliding glass door handle broken. Opens from top to bottom. Ring broken. I think it is a Jeld-Wen

A quick learner from Marina del Rey, ca says:
I am unable to identify window manufacturer as the window is too high
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B270376E-7A0B-4C16-8622-3102D3CEA94C.jpeg
My handyman climbed a tall ladder. The casement window is Jeld-Wen aluminum. He got a partial number of the broken handle. It is G704 - 8413 then he added:
SW
ALISTME2190
06-06-12 low-E
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5201CB15-9FBA-43AE-B130-96840F023E0A.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

I'm afraid those numbers aren't a match to anything in our database. It's also hard to make out the design of your locking handle so I'm not sure what to recommend. I know it's high up, but would it be possible to see an up close picture of your handle? In the meantime, you can see our selection of locking handles here

If you enlarge the picture you can see that it is a circle at the end of thE handle. This circle is where one inserts the pole device which opens and closes the window once it is inserted in the circle on the handle. I saw that you have the pole device on your website. It is a Jeld-Wen window

Handle.  Please call me. Thank you, Jean 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7BDCBE63-BA41-4919-BE2D-651B2E1CF2F7.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

I'm afraid we don't have an exact match for this handle. The closest match we have is our 38-175 and 38-176 pole operator cam handle and 38-116 and 38-117 pole hooks. I can't guarantee that they'll work but they are our best options. Look these parts over and see what you think.

I can't call you, unfortunately. I can only respond right here on this page here. 

I want to try either the LH Pole Operated Cam Handle (38-175 - $12.97) or the RH Pole Operated Cam Handle (36-176 - $12.97). The windows open from the top to bottom and the current handles are in the middle of the casement. Which should I order - LH or RH?

Thank you, Jean 

Profile picture of Emily

I'm not sure what you consider left or right, every customer and window manufacturer defines that differently. There's no industry standard, unfortunately. We recommend going by the physical details. For these kind of locks, you'll need to base your choice on the orientation of the handle itself and the orientation of the locking tab. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.