Casement window arms

A quick learner from Grand Rapids Mi says:
i have a right and left operating windows do I need a right and left replacement cranks
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello and thanks for contacting SWISCO. Are you looking to replace specific parts? If so, could you provide a picture of your operator in its entirety, including the arms? This will help us narrow down what you're looking for.

To answer your question: it varies a lot by the manufacturer. Each manufacture has different ways of differentiating between right and left hand orientations for their casement window operators and arms. If you are ever in doubt, just ask us and we'll see if we can identify what you need.

They are Anderson casement windows a pair over a sink both operators are missing the shaft to connect the crank handle to so I was guessing I would need the entire arm operator unless I can just get the machined shaft I am not on site did not take pictures
Profile picture of Bob

Okay, thanks for clarifying! Yes, your assumption was correct. If the mechanism that connects the crank handle to the operator is missing, then these cannot be individually replaced, and the best thing to do is to replace the entire operator. The most reliable way to help you do this is to take pictures of the entire operator removed from the window, including the arms. This will help us identify what you might need. If you need help removing the window operator, take a look at the video below.

Ok I will get back there Thursday and send you a picture thank you
Hi Bob there is a number on the arm it's 1361318R there is also a number 75 stamped on it so I need a right hand and a left hand
Profile picture of Bob

Again, I'm afraid it is very difficult to say for sure what you need without seeing a picture of the entire operator(s). You can take a look at the 39-147 and 39-146 for the Andersen 4-1/2" Window Cranks (Left and Right-Handed versions). But be sure to closely compare your dimensions on the product page with the dimensions of your old operators. We find ultimately this is the most surefire way to know a replacement is a good match, as old manufacturer codes can be misleading or match a number of possible parts. 

I guess the picture didn't come up let's try this
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for the pictures. This indeed looks like our 39-147 and 39-146 Andersen Window Cranks. Double check with your old parts to be sure. 

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.