Casement window crank arm on old windows

A quick learner from St Pete fl says:
I recently purchased an old home with wooden casement windows. The cranks require a screwdriver head or Allen wrench to be inserted into the hole. Because they are stripped I need new arms with cranks. Please help
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7E3E5533-FF0F-4FAA-9D68-D11BAA322F0E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0C561ADD-4710-440D-8B28-FAC91741EAD7.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 153B190A-D84B-4475-9BDB-79A9BBDC6983.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A15A8EA4-DB6B-406E-BB57-A3BA53034FA0.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D1BD12D3-4954-4081-AD4B-871BE1A2A36C.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

Your current operator is very old and not made anymore but take a look at our 39-268. Look over our dimensions and compare them to your current hardware to see if they match up for what you need. 

A handy person from St Pete fl says:
I have a follow up question. 39-268 looks like a possibility. I understand you dont have a right and left designated. So to put one on the right side do you flip it around? Is there are hole on the other side to open it from the right?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Yes, our 39-268 operator can be used for a left or right hand opening window. The sash clip can be removed from the track and placed in the correct location you need. The crank handle can also be removed and installed for either a left or right hand opening window. 

A handy person from St Pete fl says:
Can i purchase a couple of the cranks that go into the operator separately. I would like to order a couple more in case my tenants lose them
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, the cranks are not sold separately. I apologize for the inconvenience! 

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 39-268 wood window crank operator
How to install the 39-268 wood window crank operator
GUIDE
READ >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.