Casement window lock broken

A home owner from Ringgold Ga says:
Hi, we recently moved into a house, and one of the windows can't be locked because part of the mechanism is missing. We don't know the brand of the windows. But it's a casement lock, and I have enclosed a picture of the broken lock, a functioning lock, and the window open to show you what sort of mechanism is in the window. I appreciate any help. You can give me to point me in the right direction to how I can replace that part. Thanks very much. Cherie
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 14AEF716-FEB1-463E-A89B-181570632014.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 066C967B-8860-4E8E-86CA-C6F8BE3DB52E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C78D4C56-BBDC-4BB3-BBC7-ADE02021418F.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out. There is a replacement that comes to mind, however, I cannot confirm with certainty.

To make an accurate recommendation, I'll need to see a photo of this part removed from the window. I'll need to see the inner workings of the lock.

A home owner from Ringgold Ga says:
Hi,
We haven't taken it apart yet. That'll be a big deal of which I'm not capable but I'll see about someone else doing it.
Thanks,
Cherie
A quick learner from USA says:
I'm looking for casement window parts and pictures are attached. The latch is a little over 2 inches long. The other is a casement window lock handle. I appreciate any help you can give.
Thanks,
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Capture1.PNG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Capture2.PNG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Capture3.PNG
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

We do not sell a lock handle that matches your original hardware and it's still tough to determine the best match without seeing the escutcheon removed from the window. With that said, I recommend starting with carefully comparing your hardware to our 38-205 and our 38-209 to confirm if either of these might be a fit for you.

Dimensions for 38-209
Dimensions for 38-209

Also, we do not sell the keeper you have pictured. Our 38-287 and 38-288 are our best options but we've heard from previous customers that these did not work for your application. So I cannot make any guarantees that they would work as replacements.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.