Casement window lock handle

A contractor from Bethlehem Pa says:

The photos show the window information, it's a casement window with the crank handle on the bottom and the lock on the side. the one picture is of the lock which still works, but is missing the trim and handle. Can you help me figure out if I need to replace the lock part or can I get a handle to fit the lock. By the way the window has two panes and both are missing the handles. The locks are located opposite each other in the center mullion.

The windows are Anderson windows.

Helder

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tahsinwindowinfo842020.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tahsinwindowsidelock842020.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Helder. It's tough to make out what you have without a clear shot of the hardware itself. The lock mechanism, however, looks similar to our Andersen brand 38-145. Could this be what you need? We also sell the compatible handle, which is the 39-291.

A contractor from Bethlehem Pa says:
Tom sorry for the bad picture. The window only has one handle per pane but two locks one above the other. will the lock that you suggested connect to the piece that controls the upper lock?

Thanks Helder
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The 38-145 connects to a whole locking system in the window. I really do think this is what you have, but you'll have to compare the photos and information we show on its store page to your own part to confirm.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.