Casement window locked

A quick learner from Canada says:
The lever for the locking mechanism is still present but when I move it up and down it does not move the bar up or down to release the window lock. How do I move the bar?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The bar should move when you flip the lever. That tells me what either the bar or lock is broken in some way. You should remove both from the window and carefully examine them for any obvious damage.

If one of them does need to be replaced, you can show us a photo and we can check if anything in our catalog matches up.

A quick learner from Canada says:
I was able to move the bar using a flat putty knife. I was able to remove the locking mechanism. It is broken which is wny it could not move the bar. There are no brand marks or model number information on the mechanism so I do not know the manufacturer. I have attached photos. I spoke with another homeowner in the area and he had a similar problem. He was told that the part he needed replaced had a 15 year warranty. I am assuming the same in my case as well. I am not sure if swisco is the correct source for the raplacement I need. I hope you can advise me from what you can see in the attached photos.

Thanks for repling!!!!!
...Jim
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220116_010455133.MP.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220116_010500726.MP.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Jim. My first recommendations would be the 38-095 and 38-096. Look these two locks over and see how well they match up to your original, in terms of size. These look very, very close to what you have so dimensions should be the main determining factor at this point.

How to Replace a Multi-Point Lock on a Casement Window [1080p]
How to Replace a Multi-Point Lock on a Casement Window [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.