Casement window operator

A home owner from Hawaii says:
I have several casement operators that need to be replaced. Can you advise as to the appropriate replacement models / process for retrofit? The mechanism appears to be located inside the wood frame.

For completeness, I am attaching a photo of the locking mechanism as well.

User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Thanks for posting with photos!
The operator looks similar to the 39-031 or 39-032. You will need to carefully compare the measurements of the arms, just let us know if they differ in any way. Check out this handy how-to video for the removal and installation of your new operator:

For a new operator cover you can replace it with the 39-107FK

For the lock, take a look at the 38-075, you will also need to replace the 38-089, keeper to assure it will work with this lock, the size has changed.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)