Casement window operator stripped

A home owner from Titusville, NJ says:
Pictures of adjacent window. Knurled crank mechanism is stripped inside housing so can't open window to remove sill or access parts. No names or numbers visible anywhere.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 75228C46-BD57-4CC8-8033-E985FEEFE3F6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1E46A481-6E70-4B72-B1CF-14F3C50A1900.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We may very well have a replacement for this operator, but I unfortunately can't determine the best option from these photos. Would it be possible to see a clearer photo of the arms that open and close the sash? I can see one of them partially in your first photo, but seeing the arms in one shot in their entirety would be the most helpful. Please let me know if that would be possible!

Here is open window photo
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! That's a huge help. Based on this photo, my top recommendation would be the 39-083. I think this may be what you need but look it over and see what you think. As long as the "elbow-to-elbow" dimension, measured while the arms are closed, is the same at 21-1/2" then I am confident that this product will repair your window.

Dimensions for 39-083
Dimensions for 39-083

That part looks like it would work. My issue is the current mechanism is stripped and locked in the coles position. How to I open the window to remove the old part? Is there a way to access the parts behind the crank to get the window to open?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

You say your operator knurled is stripped. Try turning it using a set of pliers or vise grip-type pliers to open your window. Also while turning it try pushing the window open with your hand. Just don't push too hard and don't press on the glass. Lastly, even with the window closed you should be able to gently pry up the wood sill cover to access the mounting screws.

When I say stripped I mean the knob turns freely without affecting the window. I'm asking is there is a way to remove the slotted cover bushing surrounding the knob to access something inside the housing that can be gripped and turned. Pushing the window outward will not work because the opening/closing mechanism will not allow movement from the closed position!
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

No, you won't be able to disassemble the operator base. If you aren't able to physically push open the window then something might be stuck. You could try prying off the sill cover like I suggested. Otherwise, you may want to seek the help of a local professional to come out and do the project for you. It may require some hands-on experimentation.

How to Replace an Awning Operator
How to Replace an Awning Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO 75-026 Stiff Chisel Putty Knife
SWISCO 75-026 Stiff Chisel Putty Knife
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a Kawneer Commercial Door Pivot
How to Install a Kawneer Commercial Door Pivot
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
How to install a S775 balance
How to install a S775 balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.