Casement window operators

A handy person from Connecticut says:
We purchased the house with casement windows and a number of the operators need to be replaced. I'm trying to identify the replacement parts. The only identifying number I see is on the bottom of the operator arm that looks like "50688" or perhaps "S0688". I dont see any other identifying numbers on either the window glass or frame. I think it would be relatively simple to replace the operators, but I need to figure out the part first. I have both full size and half-sized windows that I would need to identify the part for.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230407_222516660.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230518_033343494.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230518_173846631.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

The operator in your photos looks like our 39-089 to me. The 39-090 would be for the opposite side. Have a look at the specifications and see if they match what you need for this repair. 

A handy person from Connecticut says:
This is great, thank you!

One other question about the windows. The screens are held to the window with these plastic clips that are set into the window frame with what looks like a pin instead of a screw. A number of the plastic clips have broken through use and need to be replaced.

Do I need a special tool to extract the old pins and replace them? And is there an option to use a screw instead of the pin to make them easier for future maintenance?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230526_155555379.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230526_155600660.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

We have several clips that may replace this, depending on the offset. You can see our 70-210 and 70-209 to start out, but there are a ton of other choices. You can see our full selection here.

It looks like your old clips were installed using a pop rivet so you will have to drill it out to remove the clip from the window. From there, you can either use a pop rivet again or just a regular screw.

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a threaded rivnut for a wood window frame
How to install a threaded rivnut for a wood window frame
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.