Casement window operators - unknown manufacturer, maybe Roto

A handy person from Forks, Washington says:

Hello,

The vinyl casement windows were installed about 13 years ago to replace aluminum frame ones. We have seven of the left-hand hinge ones and six of the awning style. I'd like to have operator replacements for all of them.

I ordered and received five of the "39-226 Male Roto Folding Handles" from you last week after one of the existing handle shafts sheared off inside the operator. The handles fit fine, but the operator sockets are wearing out.

I suspect that the attached pictures aren't quite adequate to the task of identifying the operators. My very rough measurements of the actuator arms are:

Awning: 6.25" + 6.75" outer arms; 7.25" + 7.75" inner arms

LH hinge: 9" outer arm; 6.75" inner arm

Please let me know what more I need to provide to help you identify the correct parts. I'm reluctant to remove the operators until I have their replacements because the guestrooms they're in are occupied nearly every day, but I'll that if you say it's necessary. I'm also willing to just buy singles of what you think might fit, and pay return shipping if, once they arrive, comparison shows that they won't.

Best wishes,

Chip

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190423_124019.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190423_124034.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190423_124420.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190423_124430.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190423_124516.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Chip! Thanks for reaching out. I think I can work with these pictures. In fact, I have a few ideas right off the bat.

Starting with your awning window, see our 39-393. I think you'll find this is a pretty close match. The casement window operator was a little trickier, but that bottom angle showing the underside of the sash is what did it. See our 39-398, which I think is the same size as the pictured window, and our 39-399, which is the opposite side.

You mentioned before that you ordered our 39-226 handle, which uses a 5/16" hex spline. Both of the operators I mentioned use 11/32" ribbed splines. With that in mind, you'll want our 39-205 for both. 

Let me know if you have any questions! I'll be happy to help as best as I can.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a Sash Stop Device on a Casement Window [1080p]
How to Install a Sash Stop Device on a Casement Window [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.