Casement window parts

A handy person from MA says:
We found that product code: 39-089 is similar to what we have. However, the the arm length is only about 4-1/2" instead of 5". Thank you.
User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I actually think this operator is closer to our 39-187. I know they look the same, but the key difference is the gear arm. The 39-089 has more of a "Z" shape, while the 39-187 and your own operator are more like a "W."

As for the smaller link arm, I'm afraid we've never been able to find a version of either that has it. The only things I can recommend is either moving the sash bracket 1/2" over to compensate, or to drill out the link arm from both the new and old operators, then to install the old link arm on the new 39-187 with a 62-014 rivet.
A quick learner from Arlington says:
Thanks Dave. I think I will try to use the old link arm for the new operators. My question is how to detach the link arm for both the new and old operators. Thank you again.

Tak
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
You will need to drill out the link arms to swap them.
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.