Casement windows

A home owner from Illinois says:
I have original (1949) casement windows throughout my home. They all have the crank openers that look like the picture I've attached. I think 39-268 will do the trick, but does that come with the piece that attaches to the window... the "guide"? Obviously I'm a total rookie with this sort of thing
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello! The 39-268 does appear to serve the same function. It works a little differently than yours, though. It doesn't have the same guide, or track, that I see screwed to the face of your window sash. Rather, the 39-268 has a stationary bracket that screws to the face of the sash. When you crank it, the bracket slides along the arm of the 39-268 itself.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)