Certainteed Bryn Mawr double hund sash, privot shoe is broken

A quick learner from Michigan says:

Images are from a good window of similar size. The Certainteed pivot shoe broke off the spring in the track. I have sash in place by only the lock. I need assistance identify the correct part(s) to order. These windows were installed in Spring 2000.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Certainteed shoe.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Certainteed sping (1).jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I recommend the 15-192 pivot shoe, Series 170 and Series 171 springs, 15-156 cover, and 15-157 drum. The video below will show you how these parts interact.

Thank you for clarifying the parts to order.Can I replace only one side (pivot shoe, spring, etc) or do I have to replace both sides?
Profile picture of Tom

It's ultimately up to you, but I personally recommend replacing both sides. Mixing old and new springs can lead to the new springs wearing out faster.

Now that parts are available, I am replacing the pivot shoes, 15-192. I need assistance in identifying the correct spring, Series 170 or 171 then how to identify the 3 digit number to order on my existing window. I am concerned that if I disassemble to examine the coiled spring, I will not get it back so I can install the sash while waiting for parts to arrive.
Profile picture of Tom

Reading the stamp on the old spring is the best way to determine what you need. The only other way is to get the exact weight of your sash, but that would just present you with the same issue. Ultimately, I think reading the stamp off the old spring is the easiest method.

SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.