Certainteed Double Hung

A handy person from Connecticut says:
Pic "Latch" shows brand, Pic "Good Side" shows what the good window looks like, Pic "Broken one" shows what the bad window looks like. Both sides look like this ( both springs showing ) Pic "Top Part" is the part roughly in the middle of the window where I assume these parts can be removed and replaced. I need two "spring units" as both seem to be broken.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Latch.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Broken one.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Top Part.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Good side.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

It looks like you need new coil balances. Can you remove the existing one and show me the pivot shoe that they attach to? The identity of the pivot shoe dictates the coil balances you need. We may have more questions from there, but that will go a long way. Many thanks. 

Here you go.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Springs.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Perfect, thanks. This is our 15-192 Pivot Shoe, which uses our Series 170 and Series 171 Coil Balances. See the video below for details. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

I only have one coil on each. The coil has "408" printed on it. So it looks like I need to order (2) coils, one for each side. Is that part number 170?
Profile picture of Bob

Correct: if there's just one coil per side and it's stamped 408, then use the S170-408 8 pound spring. For a new housing assembly, see our 15-156 and 15-157

Thank you. This has been a great experience. Well done to you and SWISCO.
Profile picture of Bob

Thank you for the kind response, and for considering our business. We're here if you need anything else. 

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.