Certainteed Pivot Bar

A quick learner says:
I have older windows that have the discontinued part #532011 for a pivot bar. It looks like these have now been replaced by a newer version. Do I need to buy the new pivot bars and also the new pivot shoe? Or can I just replace the old pivot bar with the newer one you have listed your website? Please let me know. Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm not seeing any results for that number on our site. Can you show me this pivot bar so that we can look into a replacement?

A quick learner says:

look at your part #26-175 Certainteed Pivot bar. That bar replaces the old discontinued Certaineed pivot bar (532011) or LH-ISLO/RH-ISLO (right and left). My question is I saw a post where you can use the new one, but may need to grind it to fit, so if I buy them, do I need to buy the new part it connects to in the window track?

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for clarifying. Our 26-175 should work with your old pivot shoes, yes. I think the grinding only comes into play in certain uncommon circumstances. The rule of thumb is, as long as the center metal cam of your old shoe is metal, then it will be fine. 

SWISCO 26-175 CertainTeed Pivot Bar Pair
SWISCO 26-175 CertainTeed Pivot Bar Pair
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.