Certainteed Sash Pivot Bar, Offset, Left and Right, with Dimple...

A contractor from New Rochelle, NY says:

Hey! Greetings from New York. I'm writing you about a 26-353 look-alike that are the typical sash pivot bars for our windows. The difference between yours and mine is that mine is about 11/16th of an inch wide, the pins themselves are offset, so that there is a "left" and "right" pin, not a mirror image and there are dimples near the lower screw holes to help with initial alignment(?) This differs so widely with the image of your part number (all other measurements are within tolerances) that I thought that I'd write first.

These are for the upper pane of a certainteed window.

Can you help? Thanks in advance, Jim

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi there- thanks for reaching out to us! 

I see what you are saying about the offset. Unfortunately our 26-353 won't work for you and the one you have isn't made anymore, but take a look at our 26-175. Although this looks nothing like your current pivot bar, it has been known to be a good replacement option and should work well. Let us know what you think or if you have any questions. 

Am I buying a set, (two, one of each type) or can I purchase just one? If I can purchase just one, how do you tell "left" from "right" as far as the offsets go?
Profile picture of Tom

The 26-175 is sold as a pair, so you'll receive both a left and a right.

Profile picture of Tom

Anytime! If you need a little installation help, check out the video below. And as always, don't hesitate to call our customer support for any further questions.

OK. I'll order it today. Thanks very much for your time and effort.
SWISCO 26-175 CertainTeed Pivot Bar Pair
SWISCO 26-175 CertainTeed Pivot Bar Pair
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.