Certainteed Weather Stripping

A quick learner from Northern Virginia says:
We have 12 casement windows which are 11 years old made by Certainteed. The company is no longer in business. They measure 22.5 inches by 58 inches along the outer edge.

We are fairly handy, but we are not seeing an obvious way to replace the weather stripping. So, our questions are: 1) can this stripping be replaced? 2) if so, can you show us how, either through a video or written instructions? 3) Can you supply the weather stripping, and if so, at what price?

Thank you!
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
This one's a little tricky. I can't tell if you have some type of groove that the weather stripping fits into or if your weather stripping is attached directly to the window sash itself. If there is a groove, does it accept a push-in kerf or a "T" shaped base? Without knowing how this weatherseal inserts, I can't be sure how to remove it.

Push-in seal like our 58-053 just pushes in and pulls out, as the name implies. However, if your seal has a "T" shaped base then it has to be slid in and out of the groove at the ends. It's possible your window tracks are sealed on the end, which is frustrating. It means the manufacturer of the window did not intend for the weatherseal to be replaced. You would have to find some way to work the "T" shaped base out of the slot.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)