Certainteed Windows - Need Help Identifying Window Parts

A home owner from NJ says:
I am looking to replace weatherstripping for old certainteed windows. I tried 58-164 and 58-171. The T-Slot is 3/16". I am having trouble with the bubble/foam part being too large and the windows will not close properly. Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window_Seal.PNG
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:


The 58-164 would be my recommendation based on your photos but I'm going to have our senior experts take a look to see if they have any other suggestions. We'll reach out as soon as more information is available. Thank you!

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I believe you can use 58-183 foam-filled weatherstripping with a 3/16" T-Slot. Please compare the dimensions and specifications to your original seal to confirm. Thanks for posting! 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)