Certainteed casement window lock

A home owner from Seaford,ny says:
Had windows installed in 1988. Great windows have them for 28yrs. Selling home and one window has a handle that snapped,the one in middle of window.Its the one that you have to pull up before you crank open the window.

Is there any one near us that can come over and check it out and tell us what we need or is there a number on the part that we can locate so we can order part.

here are attached photos of parts i need hope this helps.
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I'm afraid we do not know any service technicians in your area. Based on your picture, our 38-036 may be a match, but it's hard to tell while it's still installed.

You likely won't find any number anywhere on your window that tells you what you need; the only way to find the best match is by comparing physical details. I recommend removing your undamaged lock from the window and carefully comparing its design and measurements to the pictures and information we have for the 38-036. Let me know how well they match up.
A quick learner says:
Thanks not sure if it is the correct part but ordered it anyway. Will letyouknow the results.
A quick learner says:
forgot to ask what is the purpose of the 38-036S casement lock shim.
Thanks
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I don't know if you would need the 38-036S. It is only used in some cases. The shim is used if you don't want the handle to be recessed into the hole in the window frame. Looking at your photos it looks like your locks are recessed and should not need the shim.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.