Changing Cranks for superior awning

A handy person from Malta, NY says:
I have a sunroom crank window with the ext dimenions of the Superior Window Crank.

The one problem is the fastening of the 3/8" arm end. The existing hardware is a philips head screw on one side and what looks like your special nut (33-205). I'll have to drill those out to replace.

Do you have a nut/screw combo or a rivet/e-ring combination I can use to
User submitted photo of their sunroom crank window.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
You might be picking out the wrong operator to replace yours. We have an operator with the threaded sector already it the operator arm. It would help if you could remove the operator completely from your window so we can help you ID it. Also include dimensions or where the installation holes are and the length of the arms, ect. Please submit new pictures of the operator removed from the window.
A handy person from Malta, NY says:
Hi Dave,

I'd have to drill out the screw/nut because they're rusted in after 25 years, which would leave me with an inoperable window that could be opened from the outside.

It clearly doesn't currently have a threaded hole on the arm, but rather a bushing/insert in the 3/8" hole with an internal thread to accept the screw. That's why I'm puzzled how to attach a new crank.

As far as dimensions, I have measured the hole distances as my set up can handle either a RH or LH operator - 5 1/4 " OC for the top and bottom holes, 1 1/8" for the bottom holes OC. The operator arm is 2 1/2". Both the ones I want to replace are RH

In short, I think either the Superior Window Crank or the Silverline you speak of with the thread, as long as I have the correct hardware to attach the arm to the existing mechanism.

One way to hedge my bet is to buy the 2 LH silverlines with whatever attachment hardware you recommend (I think it's the 33-070 screw with the 33-206 bushing, right?). That way I could "make" the LH crank connection and verify it works before "breaking" the RH legacy crank by drilling it out.

What do you recommend? If you think the best bet is to remove one of them, I'll drill it out and send pictures, but I'm sure of the dimensions.
Take a look at the 39-025 operator. I believe that threaded sector you speak of is on the operator arm. Not on the window linkage. Take a look on the web site at 39-025 with the threaded sector.
A handy person from Malta says:

Dave,

Thanks. I see the 39-025 is out of stock, but the 39-026 is in. I can go either LH or RH, so I can doe the 39-026

Last question before I just buy a set.. the arm length on the 39-025 or 39-026 is 2 1/4" vs 2 1/2".

Is that critical in my application?

I have used the Silverline operator with the shoulder screw and washer as a replacement while the 39-025 is out of stock. It is a good replacement.
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.