Channel Balance- 2020- 20 inch long w/o plastic ends

A contractor from CT says:
Please let me know if you can help me figure out what I need to repair these windows I'm going to send another text service request for the "hinges" these are swing out Double Hung Windows Circa 1970
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190829_155351.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190829_155356.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190829_155357.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190829_155340.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190829_155345.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. These balances are for a hinge window and are a bit unusual in the sense that the balances on either side of the window are not identical. We need to confirm a few things to properly identify the replacement balances for you. First, we need photos of both balances from this window. One balance should have both the 19-008 Top Attachment and 15-025 Bottom Attachment--this is what you have in your photos--but the other balance will only have the 19-008 Top Attachment and no bottom attachment. In addition, one balance should be stamped '30' and the other '40'. We need to identify which balance has which fittings and which stamps. From there, we should be able to narrow down what you need. Many thanks. 

Good morning Bob
I would like to order all of the components to rebuild an entire window
I called customer service and they recommended that I discuss it with you again
I believe I have zeroed in on the pieces but need to identify the Balances and what additional pieces I will need to outfit the balances... It would be great if the balance has had the top and the bottom pre-assembled

Left side
2- hinges- 15-069
1- 20 inch "2030" balance with 19-008 channel top no bottom

Right side
1- Top tilt latch- 18-027
1- 20 inch "2020" balance with 19-008 channel top and 15-025 Channel Balance shoe
When discussing the balances with customer service there seem to be a disconnect between the balance length (20 inch) and the 2020/ 2030 stamp

Please advise I would like to get an order placed this morning
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window parts (1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window parts (2).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window parts (3).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window parts (4).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window parts (5).jpg
Additional photos
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window parts (6).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window parts (7).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window parts (8).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window parts (9).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window parts (10).jpg
Additional photos
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window parts (11).jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for the reply. This all looks ready to, except for the 20" length. That is a bit unusual for these balances, as you noted. Can you confirm that's the length? In the time being I'm going to see what we could do on our end in the event the balances are indeed 20" long with those stamp options. Many thanks. 

Hi Bob
Take a look at the photos and make sure that I'm measuring correctly... It looks to me like the length of the metal part of the balance is 20 inches Plus the top and the bottom piece... These are very old windows... If for some reason the nomenclature has changed... Can we just call them a 1920 and a 1930... I can't continue to go back and forth with emails any longer... I need to order this material immediately... I would appreciate it if you would have somebody in customer service give me a call so that I can place the order tomorrow morning... Shall I assume that you can assemble the top and the bottom that I need on the balance itself and deliver a ready to install unit?
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for the reply. OK, following your request then I am sending you two custom links via email, to order (1) of the 1930 20" Balance w/ the 19-008 Top Attachment and no shoe, as well as (1) of the 1920 20" Balance w/ both the 19-008 Top Attachment and 15-025 Bottom Attachment. All our balances come fully assembled. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.