Channel Balance # 30DS 45?

A quick learner from Delray Beach, FL says:
Great site, Just bought the home, Hurricane impact glass window, Found balance on sill in pieces, other side is missing! 1/2" CHANNEL 31" LONG marking stamped " 30DS 45, Need two complete balances, seems to have sash cord tied to clip in window frames, see pictures, thanks for any and all help! Dave
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for contacting us. We should be able to help, though I believe your balance will need to be custom made due to its stamp. Can you confirm that the weight of your sash is 45 pounds? If so, can you tell me how many balances you need? I think you will need an S385-31, but with a special 3075 stamp for your extra heavy sash.
I weighed the sash on a digital scale it weighed 39.9 lbs/! I will need two complete balance's, thanks for the help! thoughts on the sash cord to the frame? what is the next step?
Sash weights 39.9 lbs, thanks Paul, so what do you recommend?
Profile picture of Paul
Great, thanks. That's a little different than what I assumed, but I was close! For a 39.9 pound sash, I think we should go with a 3070 option, instead. I will email you a custom order form for two of these immediately.

I'm not sure what your issue with the sash cord is. The pulley cord (and the clip attached to the end of it) is built into the balance.
A quick learner from Delray Beach says:
Paul, thanks so much for the help, if you look at the 3rd picture you can see a sash cord attached to the clip in the frame, kinda weird ?
Profile picture of Paul
That seems normal to me. That's how the balance is supposed to operate. Watch the video below, this may shed some light.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.