Channel Balance 34" long Labelled Caldwell 33 5

A quick learner from channel balance says:
The window weighs 45.3 lb and had no channel balances when I moved in. I later found the Caldwell 33 5 channel balance in a closet. It is a 34" long block and tackle channel balance. I think the shoe is 15004 and top is 19005, and guess I need a model 3275 (for the weight despite it not being the correct length. I need two.

Help!

Thanks,
Ron
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Ron. Are you certain this balance is a match for the window that's missing its hardware? If so, we can look into custom making something that can support 45.3 pounds. Just to confirm, can you tell me the height of the visible glass for the sash in question? Can you also tell me how many balances you need?
A quick learner from Newport Beach, CA says:
Hi Tom:

I cannot guarantee that the balance is the correct one for this window, although no other windows are this tall. In other windows I found channel balances of inconsistent lengths and weight classes despite the windows being identical. Apparently a Rube Goldberg solution.

The glass in his window is 34 1/2" tall and 41 3/4" wide.

Attached is a photo of it.

I will need balances for both sides.

Thanks,
Ron
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for the additional information. Based on the height of the glass, I think you should consider our S385-34. Now, I estimated the weight of the sash based on your dimensions, and got 33 pounds. You mentioned before you needed a 3275 stamp, but that's for a much heavier sash. I would weigh your sash on a scale just to be 100% sure. If it is 33 pounds, I recommend the 3350 option.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.